Floating PV3D Planes
Here is something I made a while back. I was mimicking a sequence from a TV ad which meant splitting up a 2D image and mapping them onto 3D planes for animation. This idea was abandoned in the end for something more substantial. It was cool to accomplish it, at least.
So here’s how its done:
- Get the size of the image and break it up into segments depending on the number of rows and columns you want.
- Apply each segment of the bitmapdata onto its own bitmap material, then apply it to a primitive plane.
- Calculate the target x/y position depending on where the top left corner of the image should sit.
- Cue all 3D planes from scale 0, and the start xy position.
- Create a bezier path for the tween on the XYZ axis.